About the Role:
The role of the Release Manager is to assist in the planning, execution, and finalization of releases according the Release Management Policy and Lifecycle. Organize, direct, and manage activities for building and maintaining releases for their promotion to the production environment.
Communicate and manage team expectations, including Agile teams, Product Managers and the Business.
- Provide leadership, direction and definition for the release management function including planning, scheduling, test coordination and implementation.
- Coordinate with engineering and product teams to prioritize enhancements and defects into releases. Collaborate with Product Managers and key stakeholders to define release schedules; manage scope and schedule for application.
- Create all required Release artifacts. Conduct Release Readiness reviews, Milestone Reviews, and Business Go/No-Go reviews.
- Manage and coordinate Release Deployment and Post Go Live activities; provide status to the leadership and senior management on a regular basis for the release.
- Participate in department meetings to discuss release scope and/or roadblocks. Negotiate, plan and manage all release activities.
- Managing the release versions, stories, component changes and bug tracking in tools such as JIRA or Application life cycle management etc.
- Provide transparency to the release schedule, and identifying and aligning environment needs for each release;
- Act as gatekeeper for delivery into production by ensuring understanding of and adherence to milestone definitions, ensuring appropriate criteria is met at each milestone, and monitoring and tracking the progress of changes targeted for each release
- Define common mechanisms for rollback and standards for capturing release-related performance indicators.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Engineering Degree in University - Computer Science preferred
- Working with a remote team across multiple time-zones
- Holding standards of excellence
- Experience in Agile methods, particularly Scrum, preferred
ALICE is a hotel operations platform that empowers operational excellence and meaningful guest experiences. By bringing all hotel departments together with a single operations platform for internal communication and task management, ALICE helps hotel staff act as a team to provide consistently excellent service. Since the company was founded in 2013, ALICE has gained significant traction in the industry, working with more than 2,000 hotels and tens of thousands of hotel staff across many of the world's leading brands, including Viceroy Hotel Group, Firmdale Hotels, Dream Hotel Group, and Grupo Posadas. The company acquired concierge technology provider GoConcierge in 2017. ALICE is the Forbes Travel Guide Brand Official Staff Technology Platform and the winner of Inc.'s Best Workplaces of 2019, Best Place to Work in Hotel Technology, Best Concierge Software, Best Engineering & Facilities Management, Best Guest App and Top Staff Task Management & Collaboration Platform at the 2019 HotelTechAwards.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive Salary/Stock Options
- Health Care