About the Role
ALICE is seeking an experienced User Researcher to grow our User Research and Usability Testing functions. You will play a key role in planning, strategizing and executing user research to support our Product Team to achieve informed strategic decisions. You will work with Designers and Product Managers conducting user testing, gathering quantitative and qualitative data, validating designs and developing user empathy throughout the company. You are passionate about deeply understanding users and have a mix of empathy and analytical thinking. You are data driven and eager to apply research based insights to improve and create amazing product experiences. You have the ability to work autonomously within a remote, collaborative environment. This is a great opportunity if you are looking to do research at a global scale (+75 countries) and across multiple products for a broad range of users.
- Conduct User Research on ALICE products and experiences through a wide variety of qualitative and quantitative methods. Strategize and execute research plans to help product managers and designers to answer business questions and prioritize roadmap changes.
- Evangelize tools and best practices to empower our teams to perform user research and to define a data driven process to support design decisions through measurable outcomes.
- Create and maintain a process to continually evaluate our current products based on heuristics analysis, usability testing and UX metrics. Provide actionable insights for continuous improvement of our user experience.
- Document and synthesize relevant learnings gathered through testing and research so insights can be referenced and applied in different projects.
- Establish a user-centric culture by promoting user empathy and understanding throughout cross-functional teams through storytelling, scenarios, ecosystems, personas, task flows, and Jobs-to-be-done.
- Master’s Degree or higher in HCI, psychology, human factors, social science, or a related field or equivalent practical experience.
- 3-5 years of experience conducting user research for digital products, collaborating with Design, Product, Engineering and Leadership on company-level strategies, planning processes, and product roadmapping.
- Ability to thrive in a highly iterative, collaborative and fast-paced environment, handling multiple projects simultaneously. Experience in a remote, distributed environment preferred
- Strong analytical skills, a knack for listening, learning, and identifying what is most important amongst a large set of priorities and data points
- Ability to understand and represent complex concepts/scenarios. Demonstrated ability to turn data and information into UX insights.
- Ability to plan, scope, schedule, execute and analyze research studies combining qualitative and quantitative methods, as well as communicate findings in a digestible manner, articulating challenges and opportunities to key players.
- Domain expertise of UX research best practices. Proven knowledge in persona development, usability testing, competitive benchmarking, interviews, user-centered design practices and UX heuristics.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills; natural storyteller, ability to speak fluently to business people and customers.
By joining all of the departments of your hotel with a single operations platform for internal communication and task management, ALICE helps your staff act as a team to provide consistently excellent service. ALICE’s main product - ALICE Suite - brings together your front office, concierge, housekeeping, and maintenance teams, and connects your guests to your hotel with our app and text messaging tools. The ALICE platform is also available as specialized software and mobile applications for your staff (ALICE Staff), your concierge (ALICE Concierge) and your guests (ALICE Guest). Each module can be integrated with your PMS and third party management systems. ALICE’s partners include 3-5 star independent and managed hotels, hotel groups, residential condominiums, serviced apartments, vacation rental companies, and concierge companies looking to provide exceptional service through mobile staff technology and guest communication channels. Third-party service providers also use the ALICE API for a host of different ways to integrate with PMS and other systems.
ALICE was founded in 2013 by Justin Effron, Alex Shashou, and Dmitry Koltunov, and has raised $39M to date.
Why you should join us?
- You will build a disruptive technology in the largest global industry
- You will help drive the direction of an evolving product through your research and insights
- You will work with a team of passionate product and technology entrepreneurs.
- Because you want to make an impact, and love what you do every day!