About the Role:
We are looking for a startup-minded Quality Assurance Test Lead with a technical background to help our engineering team scale. To fulfill this role the Lead must understand the discipline of testing and how to effectively implement a testing process. The Lead must manage and implement or maintain an effective testing process. A successful Test Lead will be a core contributor to the the full lifecycle of our QA process driving continuous improvement in platform structure and quality. You will work with a highly motivated, diverse, and thoughtful group.
Outcomes You Will Produce:
- Define the scope of testing within the context of each release / delivery.
- Planning, deploying, and managing the testing effort for any given release.
- Managing and growing Testing assets required for meeting the testing mandate:
- Team Members
- Testing Tools
- Testing Process
- Create functional test plans to ensure that features meet business & user requirements as spec’d by Product Team
- Create fully specced Bug Reports to ensure detailed communication with developers on defects, clearly explaining problem found, expected outcome, and steps to repeat
- Assessing whether the system is usable by ensuring all features and communications work, spotting Broken Features, UX/UI Bugs, & evaluating Speed & Performance for each Release
- Build rapport with our Design/Product teams, & global development team to help them execute without friction
By joining all of the departments of your hotel with a single operations platform for internal communication and task management, ALICE helps your staff act as a team to provide consistently excellent service. ALICE’s main product - ALICE Suite - brings together your front office, concierge, housekeeping, and maintenance teams, and connects your guests to your hotel with our app and text messaging tools. The ALICE platform is also available as specialized software and mobile applications for your staff (ALICE Staff), your concierge (ALICE Concierge) and your guests (ALICE Guest). Each module can be integrated with your PMS and third party management systems. ALICE’s partners include 3-5 star independent and managed hotels, hotel groups, residential condominiums, serviced apartments, vacation rental companies, and concierge companies looking to provide exceptional service through mobile staff technology and guest communication channels. Third-party service providers also leverage the ALICE API. ALICE was founded in 2013 by Justin Effron, Alex Shashou, and Dmitry Koltunov, and has raised $39M to date.
- 3+ year(s) developing or performing Quality Assurance for software
- Strong knowledge of web standards
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering, ideally Computer Science or Systems
- English speaking, with great written and verbal communication and relatability to engineers
What Makes A Great Quality Assurance Test Lead?
- Should have excellent knowledge of software development process
- Should always promote a positive atmosphere in the team
- Must promote teamwork to increase productivity
- Must maintain enthusiasm of team
- Must have preventive approach to the problems
- Must be able to promote cooperation between software, test, and QA engineers
- Should have the ability to promote improvements in QA processes
- Should be able to organize meetings and keep them focused
- Ability to think abstractly and deal with ambiguous & under-defined problems
- Extreme attention to detail
- Excellent communicator, both verbally and written
- Lead by example; Willing to roll up sleeves to get the job done
- Team-oriented and self-motivated
- Constant desire to grow and learn and embracing the challenge learning presents
- Strong qualitative and quantitative analytical skills
- Strong prioritization and instinct for timelines
- Transparency and precise management of expectations under resource constraints
Why you should join us?
- You will build a disruptive technology in the largest global industry
- You will help drive the direction of an evolving product through your insights and execution
- You will work with a team of passionate product and technology entrepreneurs.
- Because you want to make an impact, and love what you do every day!
- Competitive salary / Stock option potential