Software Development Engineer in Test
- Full Time
- Mid Level
About the Role:
We take on the complex logistics of running every department in a hotel through a unified platform. Our mission is to improve the hospitality experience through technology built for the industry. Our vision is building a global operating system for delivering hospitality that guests dream of.
We are looking for a self-directed Software Development Engineer in Test with a strong technical background who will be embedded in one of our product pods with the goal of pushing out a high-quality product at a very rapid pace. A successful SDET will drive their product pod to an “automation first” strategy by determining the appropriate test strategy for their pod as well as implementing that strategy through the development of primarily automated tests.
- 5+ year(s) experience in created automated tests for software
- Hands on experience with automation and manual testing of web services using API testing tools such as Postman
- Strong knowledge of web standards and event-driven architecture as well as microservices
- Ability to self-start without documentation and training, to handle change & uncertainty, and to be flexible when requirements change
- Domain knowledge in delivering B2B software preferably in the hospitality sector
- Experience with test automation frameworks such as Selenium, Cucumber, and Protractor. Appium is a plus.
- Knowledge in CI/CD tools like Jenkins and cloud architecture (AWS) is a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering, ideally in computer science
- English-speaking, with phenomenal written and verbal communication and ability to relate to developers
- Ability to assess whether a system is usable by ensuring all features and communications work, and to perform load testing for each release
- Able to create detailed reports to ensure crisp communication with developers on defects, clearly explaining problems that found, the expected outcome, and steps need to reproduce
- Experience in Agile methods, particularly Scrum
- Previous experience with one or more coding languages. Java is highly desired
- Previous experience with BDD using Gherkin is highly desired
ALICE is the leading all-in-one hospitality operations platform that enables hotel staff to do their most impactful work without all the guesswork. Task management, real-time communication, and operational analytics reduce the complexity and chaos of hotel operations providing the transparency and flexibility needed to run efficiently. Founded in 2013, ALICE works with more than 2,500 hotels and tens of thousands of hotel staff across many of the world’s leading brands, including Marriott International, Hilton Hotels & Resorts, Graduate Hotels, and Grupo Posadas. ALICE is a Top 10 Best Places to Work in Hotel Tech by Hotel Tech Report in 2021, winner of Best Concierge Software, a Top 10 People's Choice Software and Finalist for its Preventative Maintenance Software, Housekeeping, and Staff Collaboration Tools, at the 2021 HotelTechAwards. https://www.aliceplatform.com/
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive Salary
- Flexible Time Off
- Wonderful Remote Environment
- Team Events
You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.