Senior DevOps Engineer
- Full Time
About the Role:
We are looking for a Senior DevOps Engineer to join our DevOps team. At ALICE, DevOps is responsible for our cloud-based product infrastructure, deployment pipeline, DR capability, automation and self-service developer tooling.
Our infrastructure is mostly built in AWS and GCP. Recently, we migrated most of our application platform to Kubernetes, and expect to expand our use of Kubernetes, microservices, and serverless technologies in the future.
We expect to scale our infrastructure significantly in the next few years. If you have experience working with a growing Kubernetes environment, we want to hear from you!
ALICE is a remote-first company and we have colleagues around the globe. This position requires some alignment with Eastern Europe business hours, but there is flexibility (think UTC+1 or UTC+3 business hours).
As a Senior DevOps Engineer, expect to leverage your knowledge and experience to help us level up our DevOps game. This will be in the form of assisting and training our Dev teams on proper IaC and monitoring/alerting. You will also design and build automation and self-service capabilities to accelerate Dev teams. You’ll work with infrastructure-as-code technologies like Terraform, and monitoring/alerting tools such as New Relic, ELK, Cloudwatch, Grafana and Prometheus. You’ll also help improve our Continuous Integration/Delivery pipeline in Jenkins.
We share the operations/on-call components of infrastructure and production support within the DevOps team. Expect to participate in an on-call rotation, and take turns handling day-to-day requests from our Dev teams.
Our stack is Java / Groovy on Grails, Tomcat, Aurora MySQL DB, ElasticSearch, and Redis.
- 5+ years of DevOps/Infrastructure and Systems Administration experience
- Significant experience with AWS and Terraform
- Configuration Management tools (Ansible, Chef, Puppet, etc)
- Experience in building and administering Linux systems (Ubuntu, Debian, Amazon Linux, etc.)
- Experience with Kubernetes, Docker, and container registries like ECR or GCR
- Experience with container scanning/vulnerability identification
- Experience with continuous integration tools (Jenkins preferred)
- Experience administering application servers, web servers (Tomcat, Nginx, Jetty, etc)
- Experience administering and configuring MySQL databases (Aurora a plus)
- Experience working with Monitoring and Alerting tools (New Relic, DataDog, ELK, Cloudwatch, etc)
- Knowledge of Load / Stress Testing is a plus
- Knowledge of Web Application Security is a plus (OWASP Best Practices, SANS Top 25, etc)
- AWS and/or Kubernetes Admin certification is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
ALICE is the leading all-in-one hospitality operations platform that enables hotel staff to do their most impactful work without all the guesswork. Task management, real-time communication, and operational analytics reduce the complexity and chaos of hotel operations providing the transparency and flexibility needed to run efficiently. Founded in 2013, ALICE works with more than 2,500 hotels and tens of thousands of hotel staff across many of the world’s leading brands, including Marriott International, Hilton Hotels & Resorts, Graduate Hotels, and Grupo Posadas. ALICE is a Top 10 Best Places to Work in Hotel Tech by Hotel Tech Report in 2021, winner of Best Concierge Software, a Top 10 People's Choice Software and Finalist for its Preventative Maintenance Software, Housekeeping, and Staff Collaboration Tools, at the 2021 HotelTechAwards. https://www.aliceplatform.com/
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive Salary
- Flexible Time Off
- Wonderful Office and Remote Environment
- Strong company and Engineering culture
If the company and the role really speak to you, our question is why haven't you applied and/or joined yet?
You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.