Level 2 Product Support Engineer
- Full Time
- Mid Level
About the Role:
We are looking for a startup-minded Level 2 Support Engineer with a technical background to help our engineering team scale. He/she will be a member of our global Support team with the goal of supporting high-quality product that evolves at a very rapid pace. A successful Engineer will be a core contributor to our Support team. You will work with a highly motivated, diverse, and thoughtful group.
On a day-to-day basis, respond to cases submitted by customers and escalated by our level 1 support team. Determine if the issues are product defects or configuration errors using tools such as Kibana, New Relic, and application logs. Prioritize any product defects to the appropriate team for further resolution. Follow up on open issues until they are resolved. Communicate status to level 1 support and management.
This job is open for candidates located in India.
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering, ideally Computer Science or Systems
- Excellent English-speaking, with strong written and verbal communication - able to relate to engineers.
- 5-10 years experience in product support role preferably in a product based company.
- Excellent documentation, troubleshooting and analytical skills.
- Good understanding of Enterprise Support Processes.
- Ability to prioritize issues and escalate appropriately.
- Hands on experience and troubleshooting SAAS based product (AWS , Azure )
- Experience in working with JIRA, Salesforce, or any other enterprise CRM tool.
- Experience in working with various teams (DevOps, Customer Success, QA, Level 1 Support ) for issue resolution.
- Strong knowledge of web standards
- Good understanding of API’s
- Ability to read and write scripts
- Hands on experience in executing simple and complex SQL queries.
- Experience in handling outage issues as per the SLA.
- Ability to work from 2:00 pm to 10:00 pm IST time
ALICE is the leading all-in-one hospitality operations platform that enables hotel staff to do their most impactful work without all the guesswork. Task management, real-time communication, and operational analytics reduce the complexity and chaos of hotel operations providing the transparency and flexibility needed to run efficiently. Founded in 2013, ALICE works with more than 2,500 hotels and tens of thousands of hotel staff across many of the world’s leading brands, including Marriott International, Hilton Hotels & Resorts, Graduate Hotels, and Grupo Posadas. ALICE is a Top 10 Best Places to Work in Hotel Tech by Hotel Tech Report in 2021, winner of Best Concierge Software, a Top 10 People's Choice Software and Finalist for its Preventative Maintenance Software, Housekeeping, and Staff Collaboration Tools, at the 2021 HotelTechAwards. https://www.aliceplatform.com/
We’re a remote-first team: We’re proud of the fact that almost half of ALICE’s team works remotely, calling 20 different countries home. We consider ourselves global thinkers and travelers. Instead of adapting our processes for our remote employees after-the-fact, we built processes with them in mind, constantly testing for how they hold up and enhancing them.
Perks and Benefits:
- Remote-first work culture
- Mentorship program and continued learning opportunities
- Hackathons and engineering off-site
- Local holidays and flexible paid time off
- Interesting and challenging projects
- Competitive Salary and health benefits
- Engaging team events
Read more about what it’s like to work at ALICE:
- ALICE Hosts a 100% Virtual Company Hackathon
- ALICE's Not-Your-Average-Mentorship Program
- ALICE is on the "Top 10 Best Places to Work in Hotel Tech" List for 2020!
- ALICE Celebrates the Holidays All Around the World
- How ALICE Puts Culture First with Our Remote Workforce
- VP of Quality, Shelley, Discusses Her Career at ALICE
- Interview with Alan, L2 Support Engineer at ALICE
You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.