Technical Support Specialist
- Full Time
- Technical Support
- Entry Level
About the role
As a Technical Support Specialist, you will work with our customers, vendors, and the Customer Success team on a daily basis to respond to various requests, questions, and issues. This role requires strong empathy for users and a lot of patience. A strong technical acumen and understanding of SQL is required. You will work with a variety of stakeholders and collaborate intimately with the product, customer success, and sales teams. The ideal candidate is hands-on and results-oriented, with strong communication and problem-solving skills. Please note, this job is remote within the U.S. only.
- Knowing our product inside and out to act as the technical support contact for the Customer Success Team.
- Acting as the escalation point for issues needing further investigation for the CS team
- Using SQL and queries to research customer issues that require access to databases.
- Assisting in writing basic customer reports using SQL.
- Prior knowledge or willingness to learn how to generate reports from PMS systems.
- Work closely with Customer Implementation teams to set up API integrations and support in troubleshooting.
- Maintaining a positive, empathetic and professional attitude toward customers at all times.
- Engage and build customer loyalty by delivering above-and-beyond hospitality via email, phone and other digital communications.
- Knowing our products inside and out so that you can answer questions.
- Keeping records of customer interactions, transactions, comments and complaints.
- Communicating and coordinating with colleagues as necessary.
- Providing feedback on the efficiency of the customer service process.
- Solid communication, listening, and English writing skills
- Ability to problem solve and resolve issues independently and quickly
- Detail-oriented and analytical.
- Strong team player but still a self-starter.
- Organized and reliable: able to work independently with little direction when necessary
- Proficiency in working with Microsoft Office/Google Drive, particularly Excel/Sheets
- Beginner to Intermediate SQL
- Basic understanding of APIs
- 1-2 years of experience in customer service or a technical role in a SaaS company
- Experience with JIRA, Any ticketing system
- Excellent organizational, presentation and communication skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Nice to have: experience working in a hospitality or other service industry
- Nice to have: Spanish Proficiency
ALICE is the leading all-in-one hospitality operations platform that enables hotel staff to do their most impactful work without all the guesswork. Task management, real-time communication, and operational analytics reduce the complexity and chaos of hotel operations providing the transparency and flexibility needed to run efficiently. Founded in 2013, ALICE works with more than 2,500 hotels and tens of thousands of hotel staff across many of the world’s leading brands, including Marriott International, Hilton Hotels & Resorts, Graduate Hotels, and Grupo Posadas. ALICE is a Top 10 Best Places to Work in Hotel Tech by Hotel Tech Report in 2021, winner of Best Concierge Software, a Top 10 People's Choice Software and Finalist for its Preventative Maintenance Software, Housekeeping, and Staff Collaboration Tools, at the 2021 HotelTechAwards. https://www.aliceplatform.com/
Compensation and benefits:
- Competitive Salary
- Unlimited vacation time
- Wonderful remote environment & team culture
- Virtual team events
- Quarterly organization-wide in-person events (COVID dependent)
- 100% employee covered health, dental and vision insurance; 50% coverage for dependents
- 401K match of 4% offered
You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.