About the Role
ALICE is seeking a Product Design Lead to help us take our product experience to the next level. You will work closely with product managers, engineers and QA to build new features, identify improvements in current products and ensure we’re delivering quality and delightful experiences to our customers. You are passionate about designing beautiful and usable interfaces and have great attention to detail. You are able to and love delivering high-quality, pixel perfect designs. You have a product and customer oriented mindset who sees technology as a tool to solve problems and understand that your design will be the front face of the user experience. You have the ability to work autonomously within a remote collaborative environment. This is a great opportunity if you are looking to design digital products at a global scale (+75 countries), for a broad range of users.
- Collaborate with product designers, product managers and engineers on initial concepts, user flows, visual designs and prototypes to define and implement innovative solutions for the user experience across different ALICE products.
- Create wireframes, mockups and prototypes to define product architecture and user experience of new features as well as improvements in existing products.
- Participate in rounds of testing and validate designs to achieve consumer-grade design and usability experience to an enterprise product.
- Review competitors and analogous solutions and identify differentiating capabilities and design trends, always with the end user in mind.
- Craft graphic elements, assets, and visual treatments for our user interfaces. Create visual specifications and provide proper documentation to support implementation within cross-functional teams. Keep our UI style guide up-to-date with our product development.
- Promote design guidelines, UX/UI best practices and standards throughout our products. Mentor junior designers and ensure engineers and QA are following these standards.
- BA/BS degree in Visual Design, Interaction Design, HCI, related field or equivalent practical experience
- 8-10 years of experience working in digital product design
- Ability to thrive in a highly iterative, collaborative and fast-paced environment. Experience in a remote, distributed environment preferred
- Ability to solve complex product design problems. Demonstrated ability to synthesize and present alternatives, and articulate design rationale
- Excellent visual design skills with sensitivity to usability and focus on the user.
- Portfolio that demonstrates experience in creating outstanding mobile and web apps, experience designing enterprise software is a huge plus.
- Possesses knowledge of industry-standard design software for creating wireframes and UI designs (Sketch).
- Familiar with UX research best practices, ability to hone design instinct through user feedback.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
By joining all of the departments of your hotel with a single operations platform for internal communication and task management, ALICE helps your staff act as a team to provide consistently excellent service. ALICE’s main product - ALICE Suite - brings together your front office, concierge, housekeeping, and maintenance teams, and connects your guests to your hotel with our app and text messaging tools. The ALICE platform is also available as specialized software and mobile applications for your staff (ALICE Staff), your concierge (ALICE Concierge) and your guests (ALICE Guest). Each module can be integrated with your PMS and third party management systems. ALICE’s partners include 3-5 star independent and managed hotels, hotel groups, residential condominiums, serviced apartments, vacation rental companies, and concierge companies looking to provide exceptional service through mobile staff technology and guest communication channels. Third-party service providers also use the ALICE API for a host of different ways to integrate with PMS and other systems.
ALICE was founded in 2013 by Justin Effron, Alex Shashou, and Dmitry Koltunov, and has raised $39M to date.
Why you should join us?
- You will build a disruptive technology in the largest global industry
- You will help drive the direction of an evolving product through your insights and execution
- You will work with a team of passionate product and technology entrepreneurs.
- Because you want to make an impact, and love what you do every day!