We are a NYC based Startup with a global team that is reinventing how hotels operate. In an industry of fragmented systems and limited consumer technology, ALICE provides an integrated cloud platform that becomes the central system for a hotel's guests, staff, and management. Through ALICE, a hotel can track and dispatch work to the concierge, front desk, housekeeping, valet, maintenance, and more while also giving the guest an entirely new way to engage through a mobile app, SMS, and desktop / mobile web site.
About the Role:
We are looking for a startup-minded Quality Assurance Manager with a technical background to help our engineering team scale. The Quality Assurance Manager will lead our global QA team with the goal of pushing out high quality product at a very rapid pace. A successful candidate will own the day to day operation of our QA process and will assist the VP of Quality to revamp and drive continuous improvement in platform structure and quality. You will work with a highly motivated, diverse, and thoughtful group as we rapidly scale to disrupt an industry.
Outcomes You Will Produce:
- Assist the VP of Quality with defining and changing QA processes
- Implement processes changes within the team and ensure compliance
- Ensure that features meet business & user requirements as spec’d by Product Strategy
- Work with product managers to help prioritize features and known bugs in ongoing & upcoming sprints
- Communicate status of product deliverables and provide transparency to relevant stakeholders
- Build rapport with our Scrum Master, design team, & global development team to help them execute without friction
- 3+ years developing or performing Quality Assurance for software
- 1+ year as a Quality Assurance Manager
- Experience in Agile methodologies, preferably Scrum
- Experience managing highly-distributed teams
- Experience working with outsourced QA vendors preferable
- Strong knowledge of web standards
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering, ideally Computer Science or Systems
- English speaking, with great written and verbal communication and relatability to engineers
What Makes A Great Quality Assurance Manager?
- Ability to think abstractly and deal with ambiguous & under-defined problems
- Extreme attention to detail
- Excellent communicator, both verbally and written
- Lead by example; Willing to roll up sleeves to get the job done
- Team-oriented and self-motivated
- Constant desire to grow and learn and embracing the challenge learning presents
- Strong qualitative and quantitative analytical skills
- Strong prioritization and instinct for timelines
- Transparency and precise management of expectations under resource constraints
Why you should join us?
- You will build a disruptive technology in the largest global industry
- You will help drive the direction of an evolving product through your insights and execution
- You will work with a team of passionate product and technology entrepreneurs.
- Because you want to make an impact, and love what you do every day!
- Competitive salary / Stock option potential